Click to enlarge image(s)
Matala Ultraviolet Clarifiers are designed for Koi ponds and water gardens to help suppress blooms of suspended green algae, harmful bacteria, parasites, fungi, protozoan and viruses. Even in a balanced pond ecosystem, sudden blooms of such organisms can occur due to abnormal changes of weather, fish feeding behavior, mineral nutrient levels, etc. If not treated with ultraviolet sterilization or algaecide, these blooms may result in green water, lethal oxygen levels or weakened health conditions for fish and aquatic plants.
- Can be used in-line or with the BioSteps 10 External Filter
- High quality quartz sleeves allow transmission of over 95% of the UV light
- Easy installation with stepped hose tails supporting 1", 1¼", and 1½" tubing
- Provided with inner thread of 1¼" and an outer thread of 1½"
- Translucent hose tails provide blue light monitoring
- Uses PLS type UV bulbs
- Includes 15' power cord with in-line transformer
Regardless of brand name, we recommend the following rule. For clarification, never exceed 90 gallons per UV watt; for sterilization, never exceed 60 gallons per UV watt. For example, a 9W ultraviolet clarifier can clarify an absolute maximum of 810 gallons.
||3.1" x 12.2"
||3.1" x 15"
||3.1" x 21.7"